RFP: Fayette Infrastructure Project
MCA is seeking Request for Proposals (RFP) that will encourage proactive partnerships and collaborative efforts to design, fund, and build a broadband infrastructure project serving the town of Fayette, Maine. All proposals will optimize broadband deployment to underserved, unserved and no connection locations and encourage projects that will expand affordable, universal fiber-to-the-premise service throughout the community.
Submissions should be developed and submitted using the MCA Grants Portal, as it meets State and Federal program and ARPA funding guidelines and stipulations. The maximum funding amount of the award shall not exceed $2,568,094.
The funded Project Service Area will include remaining no connection, unserved, and underserved locations in Fayette. A list of FCC Location IDs for those eligible locations can be downloaded in a CSV file below. Applicants can propose extending their build to cover locations in nearby areas at their own cost, providing a competitive market where other providers might exist.
Submission requirements to determine compliance with the technical requirements of the project, including but not limited to:
- Overview statement of network topology and standards of a FTTP network
- High-level design of network routes and fiber counts (.kmz format)
Proposals must include information to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with financial eligibility requirements of the project, including but not limited to:
- Overview of capital expenses required to construct the network
- Project cash flow analysis
- Data to evaluate Applicant’s overall financial capacity
RFP scoring will consider the goals and intent of Connect the Ready Program, while also prioritizing proposals that align with the original build timeline and service delivery components, including:
- Total amount of requested MCA grant funding
- Affordability of service
- Speed to deployment
- Town of Fayette Community input upon review of the submitted applications
For support at any time, please contact the Maine Connectivity Authority Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-370-7439.
The RFP is designed to follow the Connect the Ready: Cohort 2 program guidelines and criteria.
- Program Guidance Document: Detailed technical and financial guidance about the program, application and compliance processes should be reviewed (last updated February 9 2024)
- Applicant Workbook: The template workbook that will be completed as part of the application
- RFP Locations: A CSV file including FCC Location IDs of the locations will be served (at a minimum) through the RFP process
- RFP Locations (Map): A map of the locations that will be served (at a minimum) through the RFP process
- February 9: RFP Opens
- February 22, 1:00PM: Respondent Workshop
- March 11: RFP Closes
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligible applicants are ready public & private partners: internet service providers or broadband utility districts operational and in good standing with MCA. Respondents must be able to prepare a proposal that meets the following criteria:
- Fiber-to-the-premise infrastructure to all underserved, unserved, and no connection locations within the project service area.
- Affordable service as outlined within the CTR2 application guidance
- Desire and capacity to partner with the municipal leaders of Fayette to encourage adoption and use of the network
- Request of funds to not exceed $2,569,094
Establishing a publicly-owned network will not be an accepted model for this RFP by request of the community.
Applicants must identify a point of contact for digital equity planning in the affected communities. Involved ISPs must meet eligibility requirements, including completion of annual required data filings.
MCA reserves the right to cancel the RFP or determine a no-award result.